Scholarship application for University of Sheffield Biomaterials

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. Statement of Purpose with samples Scholarship application for University of Sheffield Biomaterials

• Samantha Cheng
    University: Tianjin University
    Nationality: 中国
    February 27, 2020 at 8:30 am

Scholarship application for University of Sheffield Biomaterials

After the SARS outbreak occured in 2003, most of patients are still suffering from the side effects of hormones which were used to cure the disease such as necrosis of the femoral head. And now, as there is another outbreak of COVID-19, I find it obliged to do something for victims of these diseases and one of the good ways to help them is to develop artificial bones which can perfectly replace the necrotic ones. That’s why I chose Biomaterials as my major. From an academic perspective, the University of Sheffield is no doubt a good choice. Ranking among the top five in the UK in Biomaterials, it has a rigorous and free academic atmosphere, especially CBTE, the Centre for Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering, can offer me more chance for wider exploration in the field of biomaterials science.

If I didn’t receive the scholarship, I will not be discouraged. It can motivate me to more actively make up the expertise I lack. I will still choose the major, keep working hard and complete all courses during my master’s study perfectly. If possible, I will choose to participate in some experimental projects so that I can lay the foundation for the next doctoral career.

As I majored in pharmaceutical engineering in Tianjin University during my undergraduate study because of the limitation of college entrance examination scores, getting more advanced education on biomaterials is interdisciplinary for me to some extent, thus, the qualification will be a proof that at least I already have some basic knowledge which is necessary to engage in biomaterials research, maybe I can even get new inspiration from the lessons and interaction with my teachers and apply it to my future research career.

After I have completed my course, I will first apply for PhD in the same field because I’ve determined to become a biomaterials scientist in the future. There are many research groups which I am interested in such as Langer Lab, Mooney Laboratory, the Stevens Group and Anseth Research Group. I hope that I can receive their guidance.

March 20, 2020 at 1:35 am

Score: 49.4

Issues:

1. About 50% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. About 20% of the sentences are passive. Convert them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.