Some believe policemen should be armed with guns in order to prevent street crimes. However, others think this measure would raise the level of social violence. What is your opinion?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing Some believe policemen should be armed with guns in order to prevent street crimes. However, others think this measure would raise the level of social violence. What is your opinion?

• cccxxxii
    University: 无
    Nationality: China
    April 21, 2020 at 12:10 pm

In recent years, due to number of crimes increasing, it is widely accepted a police force should carry guns on streets patrol. Nevertheless, others believe that it would cause a high level of violence. In this essay, both perspectives will be discussed in the following paragraphs and I will give my own opinion.

On the one hand, the first and foremost reason why policemen would better carry guns on streets patrol duty is it could, to a large extent, deter the latent criminals so that to protect the citizens and policemen’s safety. For instance, a sort of extremists like heresy might hold guns or other dangerous weapons while our police just have Burglar Blaster. It is clearly that who will be the adverse side. What’s more, albeit civilian police or patrol officers, if they carry such proper equipment, residents would feel more safer and public opinion satisfaction index is expected to rise. However, national conditions are also an important factor. In countries like the US where guns are legal, police have to carry them when working to ensure they are ready to fight with criminals without the limitation of time and space.

On the other hand, some people hold the opinion that the police should not be allowed to carry guns. They believe police officers carrying guns on duty would inevitably occur some emergencies. Robbery is a good case in point: When a police officer is on the street chasing a thief, he or she might accidentally injure people like onlookers in this process. Furthermore, some robbers are probably armed, which led to promote the grade of violence. Whereas a number of unexpected circumstances will be avoid when policemen are constantly on alert, chances are slim for them to commit crime.

In conclusion, as far as I’m concerned, even though there are drawbacks of police carrying guns in order to prevent street crimes, the benefits of making the public feel more comfortable and threatening criminals are more convincing. I tend to support I cops with guns.

April 21, 2020 at 1:58 pm

Invalid (Topic does not exist)