Some parents give their kids (primary or middle school) a small amount of money weekly, while others fear this may have a bad influence on kids. What is your opinion? 

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Some parents give their kids (primary or middle school) a small amount of money weekly, while others fear this may have a bad influence on kids. What is your opinion? 

• AsteriaRinne
    University: Nanjing University
    Nationality: China
    October 15, 2020 at 3:54 am

Some parents give their kids (primary or middle school) a small amount of money weekly, while others fear this may have a bad influence on kids. What is your opinion? 

I agree that parents can give their kids a little money, as not only do these kids need money for their hobbies, but prevent kids from using money may have a worse influence conversely.

Healthy hobbies help kids get interest to explore the world, during the process they make friends and improve their abilities, but hobbies need economic support. When I was a teen, I was a great fan of car models. Although my parents had never played models before, they supported me a little money, so that I have the freedom to buy car models that I wanted. I competed with my peers and improve the skills of structuring, which made me interested in engineering and I major in it at present. Other hobbies, like playing the guitar, soccer and so on also need money to buy guitar, football or other relevant things.

Besides, guiding kids to touch money early can help them get knowledge about economic and finance. Parents can help them use the money effectively by accounting, teach them how money is earned by adults and try to accompany them to work. These experiences and knowledge are priceless for them.

Worrying that kids may use the money to those bad hobbies, like smoking and drinking is understandable, but what if they have no money with these hobbies? They may try to get money illegally, like stealing. So the main problem is how parents guide their kids to use money correctly. Once parents find money is wasted, punishment is needed.

Additionally, kids shouldn’t get a large moment of money, as they may be luxury and easy to be attached with bad students. If they are cheated or got into gambling, the loss is also hard to afford.

In a word, a little money is worth to kids, but must with parents’ help and guidance.

October 15, 2020 at 3:47 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 50% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. About 10% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.
    3. Preposition errors

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

AsteriaRinne
    University: Nanjing University
    Nationality: China
    October 16, 2020 at 1:00 pm

Whether parents should offer their kids allowance has become a heated discussion. Some people worry allowance may exercise a bad influence on kids. But in my opinion, giving kids a bit allowance periodically is reasonable. As kids need money for their hobbies, and preventing kids from using money may have a worse influence conversely.

Healthy hobbies help kids get interested in exploring the world, but they need economic support. When I was a teen, I was a great fan of car models. Although my parents had never played models before, they were willing to support me money. So I got the freedom to buy car models that I wanted. I competed with my peers and acquired knowledge about car and machine during the process, which made me devote myself to engineering at present. Other hobbies, like playing the guitar also need money to buy a suitable guitar and employ tutor.

Besides, guiding kids to touch money early can help them get knowledge about financing. Parents can help them use their allowance effectively by accounting and encourage them to do chores to earn extra pocket money. During the process they’ll understand the importance of financing and diligence. These experiences and knowledge are priceless to them.

It should be noted that kids should get their allowance periodically. If they get a large moment of money on a sudden, they may be luxury and waste lots of money. And once they are cheated, the loss is also hard to afford.

Worrying that kids may use the money for bad hobbies, like smoking or drinking is understandable. But if kids have been addicted to these hobbies, they are likely to get money illegally like stealing. It will cause a worse influence. So the main problem is how parents guide their kids to use money correctly. Once parents find money is abused, punishment is needed.

In a word, a little money is worth to kids, but must with parents’ help and guidance.

October 16, 2020 at 3:20 pm

Score: 58.8

Whether parents should offer their kids allowance has become a heated discussion. Some people worry an allowance may have exercise a bad influence on kids. But in my opinion, giving kids a small bit allowance periodically is reasonable. As because kids need money for their hobbies, and (it also) prevents kids from using money may have a worse influence conversely.

Healthy hobbies spark kids’ interest help kids get interested in exploring the world, but they need economic support. When I was a teen, I was a great fan of model car models. Although my parents did not have any model cars had never played models before, they were willing to support me with money. So I got the freedom to buy the model cars models that I wanted. I competed with my peers and acquired knowledge about cars and machines during the process, which inspired me to study engineering at university made me devote myself to engineering at present. Other hobbies, like playing the guitar also need money to buy a suitable guitar and employ a tutor.

Besides Additionally, guiding kids to touch acquainting kids with money early can help them gain get knowledge about financing. Parents can help them use their allowance effectively by accounting and encourage them to do chores to earn extra pocket money. During the process, they’ll understand the importance of financing and diligence. These experiences and knowledge are priceless to them.

It should be noted that kids should get their allowance periodically. If they get a large sum moment of money all of on a sudden, they may spend it all on frivolous items be luxury and waste lots of money. And once they are cheated, the loss is also hard to afford.

Worrying Some worry that kids may use the money for bad hobbies like smoking or drinking is understandable. But if kids are already have been addicted to these hobbies, they are likely to get money illegally like stealing. It will cause a worse influence. So the main problem is how parents guide their kids to use money correctly. Once parents find money is abused, punishment is needed.

In summary a word, a small allowance is beneficial for children little money is worth to kids, but it must be accompanied by parents’ help and guidance.

October 16, 2020 at 3:27 pm

Final revision