Some parents offer their school-age children money for each high grade (mark) they get in school. Do you think this is a good idea?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Some parents offer their school-age children money for each high grade (mark) they get in school. Do you think this is a good idea?

• Abril
    University: Guangzhou University
    Nationality: China
    November 29, 2020 at 8:15 am

Some parents offer their school-age children money for each high grade (mark) they get in school. Do you think this is a good idea?

At present, the competition among students is getting increasingly fierce since every parent wants their children to be outstanding. As a result, parents thought about enormous methods to stimulate children to get a good grade, such as giving children the toys they wanted or just giving money directly. I disagree with the notion that parents should give money to reward school-aged children when they score well.

To start with, it has alternative types of rewards that parents could choose for their children. Rewards do not merely mean money, it could be a family trip which could improve the relationship among family and friends, a book that is rarely available, or something that could inspire children to exploit their hobbies. For instance, my mother has a knack for cooking, so every time I got high grades she invited me to make a handly cheesecake with her. A cheesecake may not be worth mentioning, even though now whenever I’ve made a success, I remember the irreplaceable time spent with my mother.

In addition, offering school-aged children money as encouragement of high grades would lead them to hold a utilitarian thought toward the study. Apparently, this will naturally remind kids that studying is the method of making money. Take me for example, when I was in university, I had received many times of scholarship out of my high grade. So, gradually, I felt extremely confused about the meaning of learning, and I felt that I was studying just because of the money.

Finally, the standards of perfect study could not judge by money. Because study is a sacrificial thing which could not be judged by secular money. If parents continue to inject this kind of thinking into their children, everybody lives for the money, and whatever they do for the money. A perfect study should be judged by the general aspects of children, such as leadership, creativity or manipulativeness.

December 5, 2020 at 3:17 am

Invalid. Please revise your previous essay before submitting another.