Some parents offer their school-age children money for each high grade (mark) they get in school. Do you think this is a good idea?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Some parents offer their school-age children money for each high grade (mark) they get in school. Do you think this is a good idea?

• YSZing
    University: northwest agriculture and forest technology university
    Nationality: China
    September 2, 2020 at 7:06 am

Some parents offer their school-age children money for each high grade (mark) they get in school. Do you think this is a good idea?

Currently, children may get some money as an award from their parents for the high grade they get at school. From my perspective, however, it is not a good idea for parents to do so.

In the first place,awarding children money for good grades at school will have negative effects on their development in a long time. As we know, it is necessary to develop an interest of studying when people are young. If a child often gets money when getting the high score, he or she will have the wrong idea that as long as he or she works hard and gets high grade, he should be paid. Once the parents stopped paying money, the kid had no incentive to learn the knowledge. Take my sister as an example, when she was young, she was always given money if she got the good mark and she worked harder to get more money. When she got in high school, my parents didn’t give her money as an award, she felt that studying was boring and the grade was lower and lower. Therefore, parents should not to award the kid money if they have the high grade.

Furthermore, parents should adopt other positive methods to awarding their study, such as travelling or going to the museum. Benefited awards can develop kids’ interest to study and broaden their horizon, which can make them to study more happily and actively. For example, when I graduated from high school, my parents allowed me to travel to Beijing as an award. I went to the Palace museum, learned the history of the Qing dynasty and known a lot of story of celebrities, which expanded my eyes and made more interest for me to study history. Besides, I went to Tsinghua University and known a lot of subjects, which was better for me to choose the major in my college.

In conclusion, it is advisable for parents not to offer their children money as an award due to the negative consequence of such method as well as other better approaches.

September 3, 2020 at 2:08 am

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 55% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. About 15% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.
    3. Lengthy paragraphs. Restrict each paragraph to 90 words.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

YSZing
    September 3, 2020 at 4:21 am

Currently, children may get some money as an award from their parents for the high grade they get at school. From my perspective, however, it is not a good idea for parents to do so.

In the first place, awarding children money for good grades at school will have adverse effects on their development for a long time. As we know, it is necessary to develop an interest in studying when people are young. If a child often gets money when getting a high score, he or she will have the wrong idea of inevitably associating the high grade with money. If so, he will study hard only in order to acquire money. Once the parents stopped paying money, the kid had no incentive to learn the knowledge. Take my sister as an example, when she was young, she was always given money if she got a good mark. So she worked harder to get more money. When she got into high school, my parents didn’t give her money as an award. And then on, she felt that studying was boring and dull, so she got poor performance at school. Therefore, parents should not award the kid money if they have a high grade.

Furthermore, parents should adopt other positive methods to awarding their study. It is because beneficial awards can inspire kids’ interest in the study and broaden their horizons. For example, when I got a good grade in high school, my parents allowed me to travel to Beijing as an award. I went to the Palace museum, learned the history of the Qing dynasty, and knew a lot of stories of celebrities. This experience expanded my eyes and made more interest for me to study history. Besides, the visit to Tsinghua University made me yearn for it, which stimulated me to study harder. For me, traveling to Beijing awarded by my parents is much more meaningful than giving me money.

In conclusion, it is advisable for parents not to offer their children money as an award due to the negative consequence of such a method as well as other better approaches.

September 3, 2020 at 5:28 pm

Currently, children may get some money as an award from their parents for the high grade they get [ repetition ]at school. From my perspective, however, it is not a good idea for parents to do so.

In the first place, (awarding children money)[ logical confusion – learn how to use the verb Award ] for good grades at school will[ absolute statement – change to conditional writing ] (have adverse effects on)[wordy – use verb  ] their development for (a long time)[unclear  ]. As we know, (it is necessary to)[ remove most IT IS ADJECTIVE sentences: developing …is necessary ] develop an interest in studying when people are young. If a child often gets[grammatical error – subjunctive  ] money when getting a high score, he or she will [grammatical error/would  ]have the wrong idea of inevitably associating [ inappropriately associate ]the[  article error] high grade with money[ repetition – financial incentive /incentivization ]. If so, he will [absolute statement  ]study hard only in order to acquire money. Once the parents stopped paying[ wrong word ] money, the kid had[ tense error ] no incentive to learn the[  article error] knowledge. Take my sister as an example, [ punctuation error ]when she was young, she was always given money if she got a good mark. So she worked harder to get more money. When she got into high school, my parents didn’t give her money as an award. And then on, she felt that studying was boring and dull, so she got[ informal word ] poor performance at school. Therefore, parents should not award the kid money if they have a high grade.

Furthermore, [ I believe that ]parents should adopt other positive methods to awarding[ word form error ] their[ unclear pronoun ] study. It is[choppy sentence  ] because beneficial awards can inspire kids’ interest in the study and broaden their horizons. For example, when [ When ]I got[repetition  ] a good grade in high school, my parents allowed me to travel to Beijing as an award. I went to the Palace museum, learned the history of the Qing dynasty, and knew a lot of stories of celebrities. This experience (expanded my eyes)[ unclear ] and (made more interest for me)[  unclear] to study history. Besides, the visit to Tsinghua University made me yearn for it[  unclear pronoun], which stimulated me to study harder. For me, traveling to Beijing awarded by my parents is much more meaningful than giving me money.

In conclusion, it is advisable for parents not to offer their children money as an award due to the negative consequence of such a method[punctuation error  ] as well as other better approaches[unclear sentence  ].

YSZing
    September 7, 2020 at 9:53 am

Currently, children may get some money as an award from their parents for the high grade they gain at school. From my perspective, however, it is not a good idea for parents to do so.

In the first place, rewarding children money for good grades  can affect adversely their extended development.   Developing an interest in studying when people are young is necessary. If a child got money when getting a high score, he or she would inappropriately associate high grades with financial incentive. If so, he can study hard  in order to acquire money. Once the parents will stop rewarding money, the kid will have no incentive to learn knowledge. Take my sister as an example. When she was young, she was always given money if she got a good mark. So she worked harder to get more money. When she got into high school, my parents didn’t give her money as an award. And then on, she felt that studying was boring and dull, so she achieved poor performance at school.

Furthermore, I believe that parents should adopt other positive methods to reward kids’ study, because  awards can inspire kids’ interest in the study and broaden their horizons. When I obtained a good grade in high school, my parents allowed me to travel to Beijing as an award. I went to the Palace museum, learned a lot about the Qing dynasty, and knew a lot of stories of celebrities. This experience enriched my historical knowledge since these are not accessible in my book. Besides, the visit to Tsinghua University made me yearn for studying there, which stimulated me to study harder. For me, traveling to Beijing awarded by my parents is much more meaningful than giving me money.

In conclusion, it is advisable for parents not to offer their children money as an award due to the negative consequence of such a method, as well as other better approaches for rewards.

September 8, 2020 at 7:15 pm

Currently, [ Some  ]children may get some money as an award from their parents for the [article error   ]high grade[ word form error  ] they gain at school. From my perspective, however, it is not a good idea for parents to do so.

In the first place, rewarding children money for good grades  can affect adversely their extended[ unclear  ] development.   Developing[ logically disconnected from the last sentence  ] an interest in studying when people are young is necessary. If a child got money when[logically confusing   ] getting a high score, he or she would inappropriately associate high grades with[ article error  ] financial incentive. If so, he[inconsistent   ] can [ wrong word  ]study hard  in order to acquire money. Once the [ article error  ]parents will [ grammatical error  ]stop rewarding money, the kid will have no incentive to learn knowledge. Take my sister as an example. When she[my sister   ] was young, she was always given money if[ after she had  ] she got [ repetition  ]a good mark. So she worked harder to get more money. When she got[ repetition  ] into high school, my parents didn’t give her money as an award. And then on,[ redundant  ] she felt that studying was boring and dull, so she achieved poor performance at school.

Furthermore, I believe that parents should adopt other positive methods to reward kids’ study,[  unclear ][punctuation error   ] because  awards can inspire kids’ interest in the study and broaden their horizons. When I obtained a good grade in high school, my parents allowed me to travel to Beijing as an award. (I went to the Palace museum, learned a lot about the Qing dynasty, and knew a lot of stories of celebrities)[ grammatical error  ]. This experience enriched my historical knowledge since these[unclear pronoun   ] are not accessible in my book. Besides, the visit to Tsinghua University made me yearn for studying there, which stimulated me to study harder. For me, traveling to Beijing awarded by my parents is much more meaningful than giving me money.

In conclusion, it is advisable for parents not to offer their children money as an award due to the negative consequence of such a method, as well as other better approaches for rewards[ unclear  ].