Some people believe individuals should pay for Internet while others think government should provide free access, Which do you prefer and why?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Some people believe individuals should pay for Internet while others think government should provide free access, Which do you prefer and why?

• Xinyu Li
    University: NUAA
    Nationality: China
    May 8, 2020 at 11:22 pm

Nowadays the Internet has become part of life , there is an argument over whether the government should pay for the free access. From my perspective, I would prefer people paying for the Internet.

To begin with, the charged Internet improves the quality of service. If people pay for the Internet, the government will have an extra amount of money. With this money, the infrastructure like the signal tower can be built better and everything will become quicker and smoother, thus ensuring better personal experience. At the same time, this would help estabilish Internet somewhere doesn’t have an access to and service is provided at every corner of the city.

Moreover, the money can be used to explore better technology. It’s undeniable that we need wider band and quicker speed to satisfy different kinds of needs, and this is why 5G is so popular among people. Who doesn’t want a much more convenient life? With the money, various ideas are allowed to be experimented for the better Internet, which is sometimes very costly. And simultaneously, more intelligent people are attracted into this research.

Admittedly, people don’t like charged things. However paying for the Internet is not expensive compared to other normal spendings like oil and gas, it is only little portion of salary which won’t put us under pressure. And what is more, with better technology, the Internet can only be cheaper and more affordable.
    To sum up, people should pay for the Internet in order to get better service, and the profits are more than the option of getting free access to it.

May 11, 2020 at 1:46 am

I am not able to locate this test topic. Please provide the evidence that it is a real test topic.