Some people believe that when busy parents do not have a lot of time to spend with their children, the best use of that time is to have fun playing games or sports. Other believe that it is best to use that time doing things together that are related to schoolwork.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Samples (all perfect score) Some people believe that when busy parents do not have a lot of time to spend with their children, the best use of that time is to have fun playing games or sports. Other believe that it is best to use that time doing things together that are related to schoolwork.

• May 8, 2019 at 4:26 am

Nkxiaoxin

University: NanKai University

Nationality: China

Score: 73.8 [Prior to Proofreading]

This essay was proofread by WritersForMe.com

TOEFL Essay Topic: Some people believe that when busy parents do not have a lot of time to spend with their children, the best use of that time is to have fun playing games or sports. Other believe that it is best to use that time doing things together that are related to schoolwork. Which of the two approaches do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Due to the fierce competition today, busy parents don’t have enough time to accompany their children. Some people think they’d better guide their children’s schoolwork when they are together. However, I believe parents should have fun playing games or sports with their children.

The key point parents need to clarify is the purpose of spending time with children. And in my opinion, it’s to ensure kids’ physical and mental health, which allows them to live independently. Obviously, studying together violates that principle. Facing the increasing pressure at school, children already have a lot of burdens. If parents ask them to continue studying at home, children will be resistant to learning. For example, if students have recited some poems at school, they will be reluctant to memorize other conceptions. That’s because their brains need time and energy to restore the old knowledge. So it’s wise to change children’s minds by playing sports.

In addition, exercise is excellent for children’s growth. Sports can help kids gain experience in teamwork and competition, which is hard to get at school. For example, my parents often took me to play table tennis when I was young. It motivated me to participate in some competitions. During those games, I learned how to cooperate with teammates and keep in the best condition to face my rivals. On the other hand, sports are conducive to maintaining the relationship between families. As they have fun together, they leave a good impression on each other.

Admittedly, parents can help a lot in children’s study because they have learned the subjects before. I do agree parents should provide some assistance. But it doesn’t mean they have to spend much time. The parents’ obligation is to teach methods, not specific knowledge. And teaching methods does not require too much time. Only in that way, can children learn by themselves.

In a nutshell, parents should play sports with their children during their leisure time.