Some people prefer to live in a small town. Others prefer to live in a big city. Which place would you prefer to live in? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Some people prefer to live in a small town. Others prefer to live in a big city. Which place would you prefer to live in? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.

• YUSON59
    University: UESTC
    Nationality: China
    November 30, 2019 at 7:17 am

Some people prefer to live in a small town. Others prefer to live in a big city. Which place would you prefer to live in? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.

When it comes to the optimal place to live in, I am a big fan of choosing suburban areas. Here are some reasons to bolster my view.

Firstly, the paramount problem, such as the harmful pollution and the relatively fast pace of city life, should be considered. Indeed, because of excessive pursuit of social progress, people are more likely to focus on the technological advances regardless of the environment. Therefore, urban settlers have less chance to breath fresh air, and appreciate the beauty of nature; Besides, a survey from Sina.com shows that more than 82 percent of white-collars are lack of happiness even though they are almost social elites and earn a great amount of money. Apparently, it is the social pressure that causes them be in the state.

In contrast, staying in countryside is another story. Everyone lives in rural areas cherish the beauty of the place, which can bring them the health life and keep them in a good mood. For instance, when I am preparing for my collage entrance examination, the most enjoyable thing is to go hiking in a small town. After a whole day’s hard working, my intense mind will get relaxed. To some degree, living in those places means less competitive pressure, and people are able to squeeze out more time spent with family members.

Admittedly, I do think highly of living in small towns, but there are still something inconvenient in those areas. A good case in point is that people will find a hard time commuting; Likewise, only those schools in big cities can meet parents’ stringent requirement for schooling . However, those question can be well settled by purchasing high-quality cars and offering superb online courses from top universities to sons and daughters. After all, the mental and physical sound is the most significant thing.

Finally, there are at least two merits to settle down in where do not have much pollution and pressure like big cities. It is sensible to do it, not only for own healthy condition, but for the connection between parents and children.

December 20, 2019 at 9:49 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. Abundant grammatical errors;
    2. More than 35% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them;
    3. Convert passive sentences into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.