Some people say that the purpose of education is to prepare individuals to be useful to society. Others say its purpose is to prepare individuals to achieve personal ambitions. Discuss these views and give your opinion. Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing Some people say that the purpose of education is to prepare individuals to be useful to society. Others say its purpose is to prepare individuals to achieve personal ambitions. Discuss these views and give your opinion. Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

• yina
    University: UNSW
    Nationality: CHINA
    October 22, 2019 at 2:10 pm

IELTS Writing Topic: Some people say that the purpose of education is to prepare individuals to be useful to society. Others say its purpose is to prepare individuals to achieve personal ambitions. Discuss these views and give your opinion. Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

The purpose of education has been a controversial issue for decades. Some people hold a view that the objective ofschooling is to help people to become a social useful member, whereas others argue that education aims at fulfilling theambitions of people. From my perspective, the ultimate goal of education is to accomplish personal aspiration.

It is undoubted that schooling could foster helpful society members. A highly civilization society is composed of groupsof expertise in various fields, and education is a way to produce those qualified persons. For instance, graduates fromforeign languages universities are conductive to breaking the language boundary between cities as well as nations, inorder to promote their business going and cultural communication. Without education, that is, the lack of useful societymembers, is more likely to create an undeveloped society.

However, the main target of education should be achieving the personal goal. Specially, studying helps to expand yourscope of horizon and own adequate knowledge reserve, in turn, assisting you to be well prepared for your future career.From my personal experience, for example, majoring in secondary education at university allows me to have a solidunderstanding of teaching, which includes the application of multiple effective teaching strategies that cater to the needsof each student. Further, it promotes me to pursue the future career as a professional teacher. For another, schooling isindividualized that helps you to become the person who you want to be, according to your preference and capacity. Inother words, it frees you from the boundary constraint of the society.

In conclusion, although education contributes to cultivating useful persons for the society, I believe it is more beneficialto fulfill personal dreams.

October 23, 2019 at 9:40 pm

IELTS Writing Topic: Some people say that the purpose of education is to prepare individuals to be useful to society. Others say its purpose is to prepare individuals to achieve personal ambitions. Discuss these views and give your opinion. Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

Score: 34.6

Recommendations:

1. Shorten/split sentences exceeding 20 words;
    2. Convert passive sentences into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate the specific errors of your essay.

Regards,

Lin Qiu

yina
    University: UNSW
    Nationality: CHINA
    October 23, 2019 at 10:07 pm

IELTS Writing Topic: Some people say that the purpose of education is to prepare individuals to be useful to society. Others say its purpose is to prepare individuals to achieve personal ambitions. Discuss these views and give your opinion. Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

The purpose of education has been a controversial issue for decades. Some people hold a view that the objective of schooling is to help people to become a useful social member. In contrast, others argue that education aims at fulfilling the ambitions of people. From my perspective, the ultimate goal of education is to accomplish personal aspirations.

Undoubtedly, schooling could foster helpful society members. A high civilization society is composed of groups of experts in various fields, and education is a way to produce those qualified persons. For instance, graduates from foreign languages universities are conducive to breaking the language boundary between cities as well as nations, to promote their business going and cultural communication. Without education, that is, the lack of useful society members is more likely to create an undeveloped society.

However, the main target of education should be achieving a personal goal. Specifically, studying helps to expand your scope of the horizon and own adequate knowledge reserve, in turn, assisting you in being well prepared for your future career. From my personal experience, for example, majoring in secondary education at university allows me to have a solid understanding of teaching, which includes the application of multiple effective teaching strategies that cater to the needs of each student. Further, it promotes me to pursue my future career as a professional teacher. For another, schooling is individualized that helps you to become the person who you want to be, based on your preference and capacity. In other words, it frees you from the boundary constraint of society.

In conclusion, although education contributes to cultivating useful persons for society, I believe it is more beneficial to fulfill personal dreams.