Some students like to live on campus in dormitories, while others like to rent apartments off-campus. Compare the advantages of living in a dormitory with the advantage of living in an off-campus apartment, which would you choose? Give reasons for your preference.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Some students like to live on campus in dormitories, while others like to rent apartments off-campus. Compare the advantages of living in a dormitory with the advantage of living in an off-campus apartment, which would you choose? Give reasons for your preference.

• tinafang86
    University: Fu Jen Catholic University
    Nationality: Taiwan
    October 12, 2020 at 8:03 am

Some students like to live on campus in dormitories, while others like to rent apartments off-campus. Compare the advantages of living in a dormitory with the advantage of living in an off-campus apartment, which would you choose? Give reasons for your preference.

Nowadays, many people are considering staying off-campus, especially under the circumstances that the spaces of dormitories are almost running out. However, whether living off-campus or in the dormitory has its advantages, so it is a hard decision for students to make.

One of the advantages of living in a campus dormitory is convenience. Most of the dormitories are very closed to the campus building, that is to say, students can wake up late because they can arrive at the classroom within only a few minutes in the morning. By doing so, they can also save some transportation fees because they do not need to pay extra money on bikes, taxis, or school buses. Another advantage is that students can have a richer social life when they live in school dormitories. It is widely known that school dormitories are the hub of social activities. By taking part in the events held by other students in the dormitories, students can quickly meet others from different departments and build up the network with one another.

Yet as I mentioned above, there are also some advantages of living off-campus. First of all, the atmosphere is quite quiet because there would be fewer people coming and going, which allows students to have more privacy. Moreover, with fewer interruptions, students can prepare for their coming exams or focus on the reading in their own room with higher efficiency.

For me, I personally love to live in the school dormitory during my freshman year. By doing so, it is likely that I can get familiar with campus life in a very short time. Also, I could make good friends and have a colorful year. Then, for the next three years, I would like to rent an off-campus house with a couple of friends. Hopefully, the price of the space is not too high, and the distance is not too far. In this way, I can work hard and prepare for the coming exam in my own space instead of finding the rarely seats in the library every time I go there.

October 12, 2020 at 3:26 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 40% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

October 12, 2020 at 3:26 pm

Please add my WeChat and remind me of sending you screenshot reviews. Thanks!

tinafang86
    October 14, 2020 at 1:46 pm

ok, please check the message.

October 15, 2020 at 4:26 pm

You have not added my WeChat yet.

tinafang86
    October 19, 2020 at 3:45 pm

I did!!