Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Students are more influenced by their teachers than by their friends.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Students are more influenced by their teachers than by their friends.

• wendyliu
    University: TUC
    Nationality: China
    September 17, 2019 at 2:15 pm

TOEFL Writing Topic: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Students are more influenced by their teachers than by their friends.

People may think that since teachers teach their students every school day, they must bring more influences to their students than any others do. However, I believe students get influenced by their friends in a more profound way than by their teachers.

Teachers seem to be defined as influencers, but the true thing is they often teach in a manner strictly according to their teaching plan. They expect to establish students’ scientific knowledge in restricted class time, so it will be no much time left to discuss something about students’ inner values. At the same time, students’ inner views can easily get influenced from their friends when they get along with each other.

The other thing is what teachers usually do is giving speeches to their students in class. However, we all agree that behavior speaks louder than words. Friends share common experiences and growing pains of their life, which can influence them in a broader but more impressive way than teachers do.

Moreover, teachers can merely accompany students during the class and in most cases finish till the end of the semester. But friends can stay with each other for many years or even a lifetime. Most of us have several life-long friends in his/her life, and this connection is stronger than any possible influence from teachers. A friend of mine, Maria, was a good example. We met in primary school. We still were classmates when we went to middle school. Many teachers in primary school had become more and more blur in our memory, while Maria and I stayed together almost every day until high school separated us. We have influenced each other with friendship and love in an extent more than we could know.

However, sometimes it is hard to distinguish an influential teacher and a true friend. Sometimes it can be both. I think teachers can bring more influences to their students by becoming their friends.

September 18, 2019 at 1:24 am

Score: 75.2

I will send you screenshots illustrate issues/errors concerning your essay.

Regards,

Lin Qiu

wendyliu
    University: TUC
    Nationality: China
    September 19, 2019 at 1:26 am

Version II:

People may think that since teachers teach their students every school day, they must bring more influence to their students than any others do. However, I believe students get influenced by their friends in a profounder way than by their teachers.

We see teachers as influencers, but the truth is they often teach in a manner strictly according to their teaching plan. The school expects teachers to teach scientific knowledge in restricted class time. It will be no much time left to discuss something about students’ evaluative viewpoints. At the same time, students’ values can easily get influenced by their friends when they get along with each other.

The other thing is what teachers usually do is giving speeches to their students in the class. However, we all agree that behavior speaks louder than words. Friends share experiences and growing pains of their life, which can influence them in a broader but more impressive way than teachers do.

Moreover, teachers can merely accompany students during the class and in most cases, finish till the end of the semester. But friends can stay with each other for many years or even a lifetime. Most of us have several life-long friends in our life, and this connection is stronger than any possible influence from teachers. A friend of mine, Maria, was a good example. We met in primary school. We still were classmates when we went to middle school. Many teachers of primary school had become more and more blur in our memory. Maria and I stayed together almost every day until high school separated us. We influenced each other with friendship and love in an extent more than we could know.

However, sometimes, it is hard to distinguish an influential teacher and a true friend. Sometimes it can be both. I think teachers can bring more influence to their students by becoming their friends.