Students do readings on their own is as important as or more important than the reading teachers assigned.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Students do readings on their own is as important as or more important than the reading teachers assigned.

• yuxin
    University: Zhejiang University of Fiance and Economy
    Nationality: China
    March 28, 2021 at 11:49 am

Students do readings on their own is as important as or more important than the reading teachers assigned.

Education lays the bedrock of person’s fundamental value and poses far-reaching influences on people’s future development. When it comes to whether students do reading on their own is as significant as the reading teachers assigned, people’s opinion vary from person to person. Some are of the opinion that students do reading themselves is less important, while I firmly hold the belief that reading students’ own books is certainly more important for students to cultivate their learning interest and broaden their horizon.

Firstly, the books that students would be more likely to choose for themselves always fit best their own interest and taste, which can help build up their interests to acquire knowledge. As is known to all, interest is the best teacher for students since it could provide the incentive to push students moving forward. Take me as an example, I bought lots of space science books since I was interested in astronomy-related subjects when I was 10 years old. Immersing in such appealing knowledge made me feel so satisfied that nothing else could divert my attention. Thus during the process , I found out that reading can be that attractive and from which I could obtain a sense of achievement. After cultivating the interest toward study, I began to read more books. Therefore, it is advisable to encourage students to do reading on their choice.

Secondly, reading books that contain the knowledge that textbooks may not include could broaden students’ horizon. Books especially novels, which are always considered a waste of time by most of teachers, always symbolize the different life experiences of authors and their intelligence which can be absorbed by students. This kind of practical knowledge could grant students the courage to face with possible future difficult which is more important than the rigid points the textbooks could teach. Thus under no circumstances can students lose the ability to read books by their own.

From what I have discussed above, it is safe to say that students do reading on their own is indeed more important than the teachers assigned.

March 30, 2021 at 1:38 am

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 60% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Simplify or split them. (TOEFL/IELTS: 15%- qualifies for non-software revision; 30% applies to GRE writing)
    2. About 35% of the sentences are passive; convert them into their active counterparts. (10%- qualifies for non-software TOEFL/IELTS/GRE writing revision );

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

March 30, 2021 at 1:39 am

Invalid [Complete the revision of one essay prior to working on another one.]