When teachers assign projects on which students must work together, the students learn much more effectively than when they are asked to work alone on projects. 

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing When teachers assign projects on which students must work together, the students learn much more effectively than when they are asked to work alone on projects. 

• Maryear
    University: East China University of Political Science and Law
    Nationality: 中国
    September 8, 2020 at 10:00 am

When teachers assign projects on which students must work together, the students learn much more effectively than when they are asked to work alone on projects. 

Some may argue that group projects can be inefficient and ineffective since extra efforts shall be made to unite individual thoughts and different time schedules. On the contrary, working alone can enjoy more freedom and flexibility. However, from my perspective, the students definitely learn much more effectively by working in groups.

Firstly, differing thoughts from group members might expand students’ outlook. In some group projects, the students might have the chance to cooperate with students majoring in various fields. When I was asked to work with Erika from the sociology department and Sam in design, I learned some knowledge about their courses and future career options during our discussion on the German course presentation. After graduation from law school, I plan to apply for a master’s degree in sociology, which was obviously inspired by Erika.

Apart from how enlightening the group assignments can be,
    group assignments, to some extent, force students to manage their time wisely and be more organized. In the presentation mentioned ealier, we all had different time schedules. To finish this project on time, we had to plan things in advance according to their priorities and spare time for discussion and minding our parts.

As you can see above, group assignments are all about cooperation. Individual thoughts have to be organized into one idea and different time tables have to be overcome to achieve the unanimous goal. A school is a miniature of society. Only by group projects can the students learn how to cooperate with others, the ability of which prepares them for when they go out into society and workplaces. The effectiveness of working together might not be as apparent as working alone since it is more free and flexible, but it will benefit the students in the long run.

To conclude, students gain knowledge and foster the ability to cooperate with others by organizing different thoughts and time arrangements from group projects, making their learning much more effective.

September 8, 2020 at 6:54 pm

Score: 57.3

Issues:

1. About 50% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. About 25% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.