Taking a lot of time to make an important decision is often considered as a bad

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Taking a lot of time to make an important decision is often considered as a bad

• Binhe Lu
    University: University of International Business and Economics
    Nationality: China
    September 18, 2019 at 12:46 pm

Everyone has to make quite a few important decisions in life. Taking a lot of time to make a significant decision seems to be a bad quality. However, my view is that it is conducive to success.

First of all, time consuming decisions tend to be more careful and meticulous.  That is because they are afraid to neglect details that may affect the results. In this way, their comprehensive consideration and careful comparison prevent some risks. Take, the furniture company Lucas, as example. The CEO Tom faced a challenge that the local market lost interest in their traditional furniture. Managers suggested using the furniture design of a fashionable furniture company for reference immediately. However, the CEO remained silent. He surveyed different kinds of families to make out what they really wanted. After he had a clear view about customer preference, he put forward a brand new plan, and the company revived. It is illustrated that the decision after meticulous consideration is more likely to be a wise one.

Additionally, comparing the options for a long time helps individual to make clear about what he or she really wants. More and more people make decisions on impulse, therefore they regret choosing the seemingly beneficial choice soon. My sister’s experience deserves to mention. When choosing majors, she listened to parents’ suggestion to learn Computer Science without careful consideration. Whereas, she found it was a regretful decision as she forgot to listen to her own heart. Without any interest to programming, she found it frustrated to follow along professors. If she had got a deep understanding of the major,  this result would be avoided. Therefore, there is every reason to say that spending more time on decision making is necessary.

Admittedly, if the situation is urgent, people who take a lot of time to make an important may lose some opportunities. However, if they make a hasty choice, results may not be good either. Consequently, from my perspective, time consuming decision is imperative and helpful.

Binhe Lu
    University: University of International Business and Economics
    September 18, 2019 at 12:47 pm

Taking a lot of time to make an important decision is often considered as a bad quality for a person. However, some people think that it is a good quality for a person.

hehecai
    University: CUHK
    September 18, 2019 at 5:53 pm

From the choices an individual makes,  we can anticipate one’s success and accomplishment.  There is no denying that a significant decision of a person can change his entire life.  As far as I am concerned, it is worthy to spend a long time on events of great importance.

Firstly, to make a perfect decision will need a lot of investigation and consideration, which will occupy a definitely long time. My personal experience is a very compelling example. Last year I was intending to buy a flat in my city where I worked. Before I decided which apartment to buy, I had done research about the real estate market of the city for a long period. I not only searched materials about flats on the internet but also had discussions with the experienced buyers. Consequently, I bought an apartment with beautiful scenery with a price lower than the average, which saved me money. Without the long time for deciding and preparing, I would never get such an amazing flat.

Secondly, considering for a longer period can avoid a person from getting cheated. Because many frauds will take the character that people usually make their decisions in a hurry without thinking, to enchant victims’ money. For instance, my grandpa wanted to invest his savings on financial products. A fraud pretended as an employee in a bank to sell his financial products with a rather high return. My grandpa decided to invest in the products instantly when the man told him that he would receive twice return than the other buyers. Finally, my grandpa lost all his money without a longer consideration.

All in all, when making an important decision,  one needs to think for a long time. That is because we need to investigate before having a decision and because it can prevent us from going into the trap.