Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Television has destroyed communication among friends and family. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Television has destroyed communication among friends and family. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

• kk
    University: None
    Nationality: China
    September 19, 2020 at 9:27 am

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Television has destroyed communication among friends and family. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

Is television the only way for people to entertain? I guess not. So how can tv be considered as the main issue of destroying the family?

Firstly, just like what I say at the beginning, television is not the only single way for people to relax and spend the spare time. During this age, people can select to meet with their friends, go shopping, watch movie, play computer game, or do exercise. Among so many kinds of choices, television is one in million and It is too narrowly to regard TV as one main reason to damage relationship among.

Furthermore, television might bring some chance for family or friends to stay together, which is hard to achieve in this busy age. For example, when Olympics started, my family would stay together and watch television; when there is a drama play, I would stay with my friends together in front of the television in order to watch this play. With increasing time staying together, how can you say that the relationship would develop negatively?

Finally, television would bring more common topics for people. When people find that he or she watch the same program, like they all watch a same drama called lover, they would have a common topic for them to discuss, like they might talk about the characters or the actors, meaning that they have more conversation. Hence, the relationship would be improved.

All in all, I think television would not damage the family ship and friendship, inversely, it would help improve.

September 19, 2020 at 7:33 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 40% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. About 15% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

—————

Is television the only way for people to entertain? I guess not. So how can tv be considered as the main issue of destroying the family?

Firstly, just like what I say at the beginning, television is not the only single way for people to relax and spend the spare time. During this age, people can select to meet with their friends, go shopping, watch movie, play computer game, or do exercise. Among so many kinds of choices, television is one in million and [irrelevant]It is too narrowly to regard TV as one main reason to damage relationship among.

Furthermore, television might bring some chance for family or friends to stay together, which is hard to achieve in this busy age. For example, when Olympics started, my family would stay together and watch television; when there is a drama play, I would stay with my friends together in front of the television in order to watch this play. With increasing time staying together, how can you say that the relationship would develop negatively?

Finally, television would bring more common topics for people. When people find that he or she watch the same program, like they all watch a same drama called lover, they would have a common topic for them to discuss, like they might talk about the characters or the actors, meaning that they have more conversation. Hence, the relationship would be improved.

All in all, I think television would not damage the family ship and friendship, inversely, it would help improve.

September 19, 2020 at 7:34 pm

Please add my WeChat to receive feedback.