The advantages and disadvantages of a new factory near your community

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing The advantages and disadvantages of a new factory near your community

• Patronus
    University: Huazhong University of Science & Technology
    Nationality: 中国
    October 6, 2019 at 8:18 am

Hitherto, the development of our society encourages the boost of commerce. Moreover, the bump of the economy encourages the development of production. The trend withstands the test of time since the 18<sup>th</sup> century. Therefore, I approve of building a factory near my home, with a few terms.

As I said previously, factories bring the growth of economy. An approach factory will provide employment positions to the neighborhood. Everyone wants to go to work near their home conveniently that requires fewer efforts to commute. For instance, my uncle, hired by a research center near his house, enjoys every day walking along the streets to go to work. He often talks about the heavy traffic jam near his home that he is so lucky to avoid. Besides, the establishment of factories will attract investment. Factories also generate revenue for the government that will help farther development of this area.

On the contrary, factories do bring some disadvantages. First of all, pollution will not be avoided easily. Not only air pollution, water pollution, but also bring us noise. My family, not like my uncle’s, is next to a factory producing paper. I am sure that it has already equipped with high-tech devices to decrease water and air pollution since I never feel any smell. However, the noise it generates during the day is much too unbearable. We cannot stay at home even with windows closed. Secondly, a factory will also create or severe traffic jam. The heavy traffic will block the streets and the development of the community as well.

All in all, it is undeniable that the establishment of a factory in the neighborhood does have its negative side. But the advantage of a factory also obvious. Thus, I think if we cut down the influence of the disadvantage through some approaches like better management of traffic or focusing on the research of advanced pollution prevention instruments. We can meet our final goal and make the neighborhood a better place.