Which one of the following do you think is the best way to get to know a city in a limited amount of time when you first visit it? 1.touring historic sites 2.going to markets or shops 3.eating in restaurant and spending time in cafes

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Which one of the following do you think is the best way to get to know a city in a limited amount of time when you first visit it? 1.touring historic sites 2.going to markets or shops 3.eating in restaurant and spending time in cafes

• Lisa Chen
    University: Changchun University of Technology
    Nationality: China
    February 20, 2021 at 8:13 am

Which one of the following do you think is the best way to get to know a city in a limited amount of time when you first visit it? 1.touring historic sites 2.going to markets or shops 3.eating in restaurant and spending time in cafes.

When people come to a new city with excitement and curiosity, they always desire to know more about it. However, as tourists, they only have short time to stay there. Therefore, the way to know about the new city becomes important. Some like to have a tour to historic areas, some others choose to go to shopping malls or markets.

However, there are still some people who would like enjoying a meal in a restaurant and consuming time in cafes. And I am one of them. My favor for this choice bases on the following three reasons.

First of all, it does not take too much time. When people are traveling in a brand new place, they are very likely to have their meals and coffee outside the hotel. Thus, they have to spend some time in restaurants or cafes. If one select looking at the city by eating meals or drinking some coffee, they can finish the observation as the same time they finish eating or drinking.

What if they choose to visit historical sites or shopping plazas? They have to squeeze at least several hours for the visiting. That is kind of time-consuming. Above all, knowing a city by eating and drinking helps them saving time.

Besides, it is necessary for getting to know a new culture of food to spend time in local eating places. There is no doubt that food culture is a crucial component of the culture of a city. And in most cases, only by having meals there can you know something about the city’s exclusive consuming culture.

Last but not least, in a place for eating or drinking, I can observe people walking in all ways. Waitresses, customers, cooks, managers of restaurants and cafeterias… They are walking contemporary culture of a city. I can learn about the daily life here. For instance, through watching how they greet visitors, eat and cook meals, run a restaurant, talk to each other…

February 21, 2021 at 12:30 am

Invalid [Complete the revision of your other essay prior to working on this one.]