The best way to travel is in a group led by a tour guide. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing The best way to travel is in a group led by a tour guide. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

• justinP
    University: SYSU
    Nationality: China
    July 11, 2020 at 6:56 am

The best way to travel is in a group led by a tour guide. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Admittedly, either travelling with or without a guidance has advantages and limitation, respectively. Nonetheless, all things being equal, young people tend to travel individually because they are energetic and ambitious. They are eager to take adventures, and travelling without guidance is like an adventure. Hence, as a young student, it is certain that travelling alone fits me more.

The economic development attributes to the growing popularity of the DIY trip. Generally speaking, travel agency has some discount if we follow a group containing a guidance. In such a group, the guidance may settle the schedule, the timeline, etc., which means that freedom of tourists is limited. Moreover, the kind of agency determines your travel experience. Some of the agencies would force tourists to buy local products in specific stores, from which they can have feedback income. Other agencies may ignore the tourists\’ demands, leaving tourists unsatisfied. Consequently, there are plenty of disadvantages of travelling with a guidance.

In comparison, you can design extraordinary travel experience by ourselves, only if you decide to travel alone. Every tourist has their ideal travel routine, and the Internet makes the trip preparation more convenient. There are numerous websites serving for the DIY trip, from which there are abundant advice from other tourists. Moreover, popular scenic spots do not mean interesting. You will find some spots which are less popular but more attractive, if you gain information from experienced tourists. You can also design your trip more freely, but it may waste some time.

However, how to take the trip depends more on you. Travelling with a guidance can save lots of time and money. Some tourists, who have just limited time, or with poor economy condition, would rather choose to travel by a group containing a guidance. On the contrary, if you desire freedom when travelling, and you have enough spare time, travelling individually is a better choice.

July 14, 2020 at 9:29 pm

Score: 58.6

Issues:

1. Many words (verbs, adjectives, and adverbs) were wrongly used.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

justinP
    University: SYSU
    Nationality: China
    July 15, 2020 at 12:05 pm

Admittedly, either traveling with or without a guide has advantages and disadvantages, respectively. Nonetheless, all things being equal, young people tend to travel alone because they are energetic and ambitious. They are eager to take adventures, and traveling without a guide is like an adventure. Hence, as a young student, traveling alone fits me more.

The economic development attributes to the growing popularity of the DIY trip. Generally speaking, it will be cheaper if we follow a group containing a guide. In such a group, a guide may settle the schedule, the timeline, etc., which means that the free time of tourists is limited. Moreover, the kind of travel agency determines your travel experience. Some agencies would force tourists to buy local products in specific stores, from which they can have feedback income. Other agencies may ignore the tourists’ demands, leaving tourists unsatisfied. Consequently, there are plenty of disadvantages of traveling with a guide.

In comparison, you can design extraordinary travel experience by ourselves, only if you decide to travel alone. Every tourist has their ideal travel routine, and the Internet makes the trip preparation more convenient. We can search the Internet for further advice of the DIY trip from other tourists. Moreover, popular scenic spots do not mean interesting. For instance, as a university student in Guangzhou, I have never been to the Guangzhou Tower, which is almost the most popular spots for tourists. Although we can enjoy the spectacular panorama of the CBD of Guangzhou, the Guangzhou Tower is always so crowded. As we know, we can only see people if we go to the crowded place.

I had a remarkable experience when I travel in Changsha alone. I can truly feel the lifestyle of residents in Changsha as I just went across the secluded streets. The cuisines in Changsha are very spicy, and the local people can tolerate them. I also met some new friends in the local bar. They are very friendly, and they told me a lot about the history of Changsha. How to take the trip depends more on you. There is no standard answer. But from my point of view, I prefer traveling alone.

July 16, 2020 at 1:07 pm

Final Revision

Admittedly, either traveling with or without a guide has advantages and disadvantages, respectively (wordy). Nonetheless, all things being equal, (too many transition phrases) young people tend to travel alone because they are energetic and ambitious. They are eager to take adventures (simplify), and traveling without a guide is like an adventure (vary word choice). Hence, as a young student, (too many transition phrases) traveling alone fits me more.

The (article error) economic development attributes (word choice error) to the growing popularity of the DIY trip. Generally speaking, it will be (verb tense error) cheaper if we follow a group containing (word choice error) a guide. In such a group, a guide may settle the schedule, the timeline, etc., which means that the free time of tourists (simplify) is limited. Moreover, the kind of travel agency determines your travel experience. Some agencies would (verb tense error) force tourists to buy local products in specific stores, from which they can have feedback income (word choice error). Other agencies may ignore the (article error) tourists’ demands, leaving tourists unsatisfied. Consequently, there are plenty of disadvantages of traveling with a guide.

In comparison, you can design extraordinary travel experience by ourselves (part of speech error), only if you decide to travel alone. Every tourist has their ideal travel routine, and the Internet makes the (article error) trip preparation more convenient. We can search the Internet for further advice of (preposition error) the (article error) DIY trip from other tourists. Moreover, popular scenic spots do not mean interesting (unclear). For instance, as a university student in Guangzhou, I have never been to the Guangzhou Tower, which is almost the most popular spots (singular) for tourists. Although we can enjoy the spectacular panorama of the CBD of Guangzhou, the Guangzhou Tower is always so crowded. As we know, we can only see people if we go to the (article error) crowded place.

I had a remarkable experience when I travel (verb tense error) in (preposition error) Changsha alone. I can truly feel (verb tense error) the lifestyle of residents in Changsha as I just went across (simplify) the secluded streets. The cuisines (singular) in Changsha are very spicy, and the (article error) local people can tolerate them (unclear). I also met some new friends in the local bar. They are (verb tense error) very friendly, and they told me a lot about the history of Changsha. How to take the (article error) trip depends more on you. There is no standard answer. But from my point of view, I prefer traveling alone (combine the last three sentences into one).