The expression “Never, never give up” means to keep trying and never stop working for your goals. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (Full Score)

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Samples (all perfect score) The expression “Never, never give up” means to keep trying and never stop working for your goals. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (Full Score)

• January 16, 2020 at 2:28 pm

The expression “Never, never give up” means to keep trying and never stop working for your goals. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.[Full Score]

[Warning: Republishing this essay without consent from WritersForMe.com will face legal consequences.]

I very much disagree with this statement. The world is changing all the time. If one makes goals and decides to stick with them no matter what happens then I think they might be doing themselves an injustice. Isn’t it true that some things will never work out no matter how hard we try? Maybe the goals we have are simply wrong or childish. It isn’t fair to yourself to commit to goals at an early age and then not to seize opportunities that come along, which might not be in line with your original goals. This is a fundamental problem in the way that people live in my opinion and I will try to give a few examples that support my rejection of this maxim.

To begin with, most people will want to get married at some time in their lives. If we enter a marriage with strong preconceptions about what we must do, then sooner or later these strong attitudes will cause conflict with our spouse. After all, they will have their own strong opinions and in order to have a comfortable relationship we must learn to compromise. When we are married and have children then our previous goal orientation might prevent the children from feeling confident about having their own opinions.

Also, it is important for people to be able to ‘think outside the box’. I think that knowing when to give up is a crucial skill. It allows people to go on to something else and in time the old ideas fade away. If people don’t allow themselves to grow, then they will always stay the same. How can we be sure that the goals we set when we are young will still be relevant when we are old? I think that flexibility is a very useful quality in life.