The expression “Never, never give up” means to keep trying and never stop working for your goals. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing The expression “Never, never give up” means to keep trying and never stop working for your goals. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

• Riddlesh
    University: Wuhan University
    Nationality: Mainland China
    May 16, 2021 at 5:33 am

The expression “Never, never give up” means to keep trying and never stop working for your goals. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Since we were young, we were taught with the proverb “never give up.” But the world is changing fast, doing the exact one thing mechanically won’t bring success. It’s much more important for us to adjust instead of stcking to one goal. So in my opinion, I disagree with this proverb. Here are my analyses:

To start with, always stay the same means you can’t catch up with the trend. Most of people have changed jobs for many times in their lifetime. The reason behind it can be concluded as their discontent with the original jobs. For example, low salary, minor hope to get promoted and little love for the career. In order to change the situation, they give up, and find a better one. From those things we can see that the goal we actually have is to solve a problem or to live a better life instead of not giving up.  The theory also applies to other areas like marriage or major.

Moreover, if we just do one thing for all the time, the result usually turns out to be biased. That’s because all the attention are paid on one thing, so we ignore the importance of communicating and correcting. I think when we’re stuck, it’s better to pause the project and hear suggestions from others. As I mentioned before, efficiency is more important than the time span. In order to improve the efficiency, intervals and adjustments are required.

Last but not least, we should be able to think out of the box. New thoughts indicates innovations. We can’t guarantee that the ideas we have when we’re young can still work when we’re old. The world is changing fast, which means new problems can be totally different in the way of thinking. Stick to the old way won’t work, we should always keep thinking and allow us to grow.

All in all, comparing to not giving up, it’s more significant for us to pause and adjust. The next we face a problem, we should focus on the efficiency and flexibility.

May 16, 2021 at 8:57 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 20% of the sentences are passive; convert them into their active counterparts. (10%- qualifies for non-software TOEFL/IELTS/GRE writing revision );

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

Riddlesh
    University: Wuhan University
    Nationality: Mainland China
    May 25, 2021 at 11:49 am

Since we were young, we were taught to never give up. But the world is changing fast, doing the exact one thing time and time again won’t bring success. It’s much more important for us to adjust instead of sticking to one goal. So, in my opinion, I disagree with this proverb. Here are my analyses:

To start with, always stay the same means you don’t like to try out new things. Which implies low possibility to find things you really fancy. For instance, most people have changed jobs for many times in their lifetime. The reason behind it can be concluded as their discontent with the original ones, like low salary, minor hope to get promoted or little love for the career. To change the situation, they give up, and find a better one. From those things we can see that the goal we actually have is to live a better life instead of not giving up.  The theory also applies to other areas like marriage or major.

Moreover, if we just do one thing all the time, the result usually turns out to be biased. That’s because all the attention are paid on one thing, so we ignore the importance of communicating and correcting. I think when we’re stuck, it’s better to pause the project and hear suggestions from others. Efficiency and ideas which are keys to a problem are more important than the time span. In order to boarden our mind, intervals and adjustments are required.

Last but not least, we should be able to think out of the box. New thoughts indicates innovations. We can’t guarantee that the ideas we have when we’re young can still work when we’re old. The world is changing fast, which means new problems can be totally different in the way of thinking.  So would we still hold some out-dated thoughts in new era?  The answer is definitely negative.

All in all, comparing to not giving up, it’s more significant for us to think and adjust. We don’t devote ourselves in adapting to the new world in the way of just not giving up.

May 27, 2021 at 9:52 am

Since we (who? – using a pronoun here is unclear) were young, we were taught to never give up. But the world is changing fast, doing the exact one thing time and time again (reword) won’t bring success. It’s much more important for us to adjust instead of sticking to one goal. So, in my opinion, I disagree with this proverb. Here are my analyses: (combine these two sentences and rephrase it, do not end a sentence in a :   )

To start with, always stay the same (verb form error) means you don’t like to try out new things. Which (pronoun error) implies a low possibility to find things you really fancy (word choice error). For instance, most people have changed jobs for (unnecessary) many times in their lifetime. The reason behind it can be concluded (wordy, simplify) as their discontent with the original ones (word choice error), like low salary, minor hope (word choice error) to get promoted or little love for the career. To change the situation, they give up, (delete comma) and find a better one (va better what? unclear). From those things we can see that the goal we actually have is to live a better life instead of not giving up (rewrite this sentence – wordy and unclear).  The theory also applies to other areas like marriage or major.

Moreover, if we just do one thing all the time, the result usually turns out to be biased (word choice error). That’s because all the attention are (subject-verb agreement error) paid on one thing, so we ignore the importance of communicating and correcting. I think when we’re (we are) stuck, it’s (it is, avoid contractions, they are too informal) better to pause the project and hear suggestions from others. Efficiency and ideas which are keys to a problem (wordy) are more important than the time span. In order to boarden (spelling error) our mind, intervals (word choice error) and adjustments are required.

Last but not least, we should be able to think out of the box. New thoughts indicates (verb form error) innovations. We can’t guarantee that the ideas we have when we’re young can still work when we’re old. The world is changing fast, which means new problems can be (use different verb) totally different in the way of thinking.  So would we still hold some out-dated (outdated) thoughts in a new era?  The answer is definitely negative.

All in all, comparing (verb form error) to not giving up, it’s more significant for us to think and adjust. We don’t devote ourselves in (preposition error) adapting to the new world in the way of just not giving up.