Some people think that the main purpose of schools is to turn the children into good citizens and workers, rather than to benefit them as individuals. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing Some people think that the main purpose of schools is to turn the children into good citizens and workers, rather than to benefit them as individuals. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

• Serina
    University: Nanjing University
    Nationality: Chinese
    February 22, 2020 at 4:05 am

Some people think that the main purpose of schools is to turn the children into good citizens and workers, rather than to benefit them as individuals. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

People have differing views concerning the main purpose of education. Some consider schooling as a means to bring out well-behaved citizens and workforce for society. I don’t agree with it. In my opinion, education benefits both society and individuals.

On the one hand, it is undoubted that schools prepare children for law-abiding citizens and workers. Teachers instill concepts of law into students, which makes them quite clear about “what we can do” and “what we can’t”.Those boundaries set in advance will greatly benefit them in their lives as citizens. And also, Children learn knowledge and a whole lot of skills in schools. Especially, those knowledge-based occupations, like doctors, lawyers, and accountants, require long years of studying in schools.

On the other hand, education can benefit us as individuals in two main ways. Firstly, the process of schooling, including knowledge we have learned and interactions between peer students and teachers contributes to shaping our values. Those values ingrained in us will definitely influence our way of thinking and acting, even when we leave the country temporarily or permanently we are born in and grow up in. Secondly, education in schools also helps to carve out our identity and know who we really are, which is far more important to us as individuals than being society members in every aspect.

In conclusion, I think that schools can help to turn us into avid contributors to society as well as positive individuals. And they are of the same importance to me.

February 23, 2020 at 1:15 am

Score: 59.3

Issues:

1. More than 35% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.