The only effective way for the government to encourage energy conservation is to increase the price of gasoline and electricity.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing The only effective way for the government to encourage energy conservation is to increase the price of gasoline and electricity.

• sushisheep
    University: Stanford
    Nationality: Chinese
    November 4, 2022 at 10:44 am

The only effective way for the government to encourage energy conservation is to increase the price of gasoline and electricity.

Since global warming is an important issue nowadays, governments usually raise the price of gasoline and electricity to help people be green. I believe this is not the only effective way to encourage energy conservation.

I agree that increasing the price of gasoline and electricity is an efficient way to encourage conservation. It will force people to preserve energy. This method will also quickly function since it affects people’s daily lives. Everyone wants to reduce their budget. However, I think that it also has some disadvantages. It will cause heavy economic pressure on normal citizens since they mostly already have a very tight budget. It may give them a hard life, which governments do not want to see. I believe there are more effective ways to encourage energy conservation.

First, governments can give lectures to warn or educate people. It will remind people of energy conservation. It will help people be aware of the importance of being environmental-friendly. At the same time, this will be more effective in long-term effects. Since people will proactively conserve resources, they will be willing to do it and encourage others to do it. For example, my brother’s neighborhood once offered free lectures to help people conserve energy. After that, people began to preserve energy and remind others of that.

Second, governments can offer awards for those people who are being green. Awards are always more effective than punishments. If there are awards, people will be environmental-friendly to get those awards. It encourages people to protect the environment, not force them. As a result, people will not be so anxious as when governments raise the price of gasoline and electricity.

In conclusion, increasing the price of gasoline and electricity isn’t the only way for governments to encourage energy conservation. Giving lectures to people is effective. At the same time, offering awards also works.

November 17, 2022 at 4:05 pm

Complete the revision of your other essay prior to submitting another one.