The way people dress is a good indication of his or her personality or character.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing The way people dress is a good indication of his or her personality or character.

• Stella
    University: Xi'an Conservatory of Music
    Nationality: Chinese
    August 13, 2020 at 2:23 am

The way people dress is a good indication of his or her personality or character.

People always have their own custom about dressing. Some like to wear dresses, and others like to wear suits. It maybe seem that the indication of the personalities is showed by one’s wearing. However, I disagree with that.

Admittedly, the way people dress is due to their personality. Different people have different propensity about dressing. An outgoing person is willing to try different kinds of styles, while an introvert may more likely to wear as he or she used to. Different character could lead to different results of dressing.

However, in some extent the way people dress is not on account of their original ideas. To be more specific, people dress due to the demand of job or study. A candidate must wear a suit to go to the interview, or he or she might be disapproved because of informal; A student must wear the school uniform, or the school gate guard might not let him or her in; A nurse must wear the nurse uniform, or he or she might be infected. Therefore, sometimes what kind of clothes people wear is not related to the personality.

Furthermore, people sometimes dress due to their moods. Specifically, when people face something excited, they always wear colorful clothes; when people face something upset, they always wear in dark color. For example, my sister always dressed optionally. Once she got a good grade in her final examination in high school, she was really excited because she worked extremely hard. She bought lots of colorful dresses with my accompany that day. Therefore, people sometimes dress bright color because of happiness.

To sum up, although the personality is an important part in people’s daily wearing, people sometimes wear clothes due to the specific situation or their moods of the day. Hence, it is unjustified to say the way people dresses is an indication of his or her personality or character.

August 13, 2020 at 2:52 am

Score: 58.1

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.