There is absolutely no reason/excuse for a person to be rude to another.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing There is absolutely no reason/excuse for a person to be rude to another.

• HenryD
    University: ECUPL
    Nationality: China
    September 17, 2020 at 12:47 pm

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: There is absolutely no reason/excuse for a person to be rude to another.

Living in a country which pay lots of attention to whether individuals behave politely, I am often taught by my parents or teachers that being rude to anyone at anytime is not allowed. However, from my perspective, it is reasonable to do something impolite to people who try hurting you or  other people.

What must be prioritized is that acting without manners is of reason when it can be regarded as self-defense. As for the kids in school, it is so common that there may be some children who enjoy making fun of other students or fighting with others. In this condition, only by fighting or arguing, which are definitely considered to be kind of rudeness, can the individual show his anger and protect himself by scaring the attackers away. If he just bear the attack or the mocking from other kids, thy possibility that the attacker will continue to treat him badly will be higher because they do not need to pay for their rude behaviors. Thus, according to my opinion, it is under this circumstance that being rude can be tolerated as it is a self-defense.

What is equally worth discussing is that being rude can also be correct when the man tend to protect merits of the public. To be more specific, when police officers catch the robbers or other dangerous criminals, they need to shout or even beat the bad guys to the ground in case the criminals fight back and hurt more resident passing by. In my opinion, we could not say that the police’s behaviors are all in manners but still reasonable when taking the safety of the whole society into account.

In conclusion, only if we acknowledge being rude in some occasion can be reasonable can we better protect ourselves and even the society.

September 17, 2020 at 9:17 pm

Score: Ungraded

Issues:

1. About 80% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. About 30% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

September 17, 2020 at 9:17 pm

Please add my WeChat and remind me of sending you screenshot reviews.