To remain happy and optimistic when you fail is more important than achieving success.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing To remain happy and optimistic when you fail is more important than achieving success.

• Jamie Zhu
    University: Shanghai University of Political Science and Law
    Nationality: Chinese
    January 30, 2020 at 1:13 pm

To remain happy and optimistic when you fail is more important than achieving success.

When it comes to the topic which attitude toward life is more beneficial to people, one school of thought believe that it is a must to keep positive in face of failure, while success is not worth pursuing.  However, as far as I am concerned, the latter is no less important than the former.

On the one hand, an optimistic attitude plays a vital role in minimizing the adverse effects of failure. If people always hold an awful perspective of any problems, then they are prone to overly focus on negative impacts of outcomes and lose hopes. This mental state would lead people to miss the most precious period of time to make up unfavourable consequences. Thus, being positive guides people to cope with the mess in a calm and confident manner. Last year, for example, I failed in an English presentation exam. However, instead of complaining, I took at least one hour every day to practice my oral English. Through my efforts, I got a full mark next time, avoiding the decline in GPA caused by my first failure.

On the other hand, success is also of great importance. Success could be deemed as a kind of efficient booster for people to make constant progress. Suppose a person has little achievement in life; then he inclines to no longer believe only hard work could provide him with a brighter picture of future. Worse, he would totally give up. Thus, for modern people, especially for young people, success indeed brings more encouragement. My friend Kate, for instance, was promoted by her manager last year. Since then, she worked diligently every day as the promotion was a source of motivation for her to keep moving. Apparently, without success, I can hardly imagine what has the power to push people to step forward continuously.

To conclude, I believe staying optimistic and being successful are both of top priority in people’s views of world and values. The reasons are that a good attitude contributes to reduce bad influences resulting from our failure to the minimum and success is a motivator for progress.

January 30, 2020 at 9:12 pm

Score: 67.6

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

Jamie Zhu
    University: Shanghai University of Political Science and Law
    Nationality: Chinese
    February 3, 2020 at 10:26 am

At present, what kind of attitude towards life is superior is a topic of public concern. One school of thought believes that it is a must to keep positive in the face of failure, while success is not worth pursuing.  However, as far as I am concerned, the latter is no less important than the former.

On the one hand, an optimistic attitude plays a vital role in minimizing the adverse effects of failure. If people always hold an awful perspective of any problems, then they are prone to overly focus on the negative impacts of outcomes and lose hopes. This mental state would lead people to miss the most precious period to make up unfavorable consequences. However, optimistism brings about opposite results. Last year, for example, I failed in an English presentation exam. Instead of complaining, I took at least one hour every day to practice my oral English. Through my efforts, I got a full mark next time, avoiding the decline in GPA caused by my first failure. Thus, being optimistic will lead people to cope with the mess calmly and confidently.

On the other hand, success is also of great importance. Success could be deemed as a kind of efficient booster for people to make constant progress. Suppose a person has little achievement in life; then, he inclines to no longer believe only hard work could provide him with a brighter picture of the future. Worse, he would totally give up. Thus, for modern people, especially for young people, success indeed brings more encouragement. My friend Kate, for instance, was promoted by her manager last year. Since then, she had kept working diligently every day as the promotion was a source of motivation for her to moving forward. Apparently, without success, I can hardly imagine what has the power to push people to step forward all the time.

To conclude, I believe staying optimistic and being successful are both of top priority in people’s views of world and values.  After all, a good attitude contributes to reducing bad influences resulting from our failure to the minimum. Meanwhile, success is a motivator for progress.

February 3, 2020 at 8:34 pm

Score: 68

I will get back to you shortly.

February 4, 2020 at 2:27 pm

At present (choose different transition phrase), what kind of attitude towards life is superior (wordy, simplify) is a topic of public concern. One school of thought believes that (unnecessary, delete) it is a must to keep positive in the face of failure, while success is not worth (too strong) pursuing.  However, as far as I am concerned, (keep only one transition phrase) the latter is no less important than the former (be more specific).

On the one hand, an optimistic attitude plays a vital role in minimizing the adverse effects of failure. If people always hold an awful perspective of any problems (unnecessary), then they are prone to overly focus on the (unnecessary) negative impacts of (unnecessary) outcomes and lose hopes (should be singular). This mental state would (verb tense error) lead people to miss the most precious (adjective error) period to make up unfavorable consequences (choose different phrase). However, optimism brings about opposite (positive) results. Last year (move to end of sentence), for example, I failed in an English presentation exam. Instead of complaining, I took at least one hour every day to practice my oral English (combine two previous sentence). Through my efforts, I got a full mark next time, avoiding the (article error) decline in GPA caused by my first failure (unnecessary). Thus, being optimistic will lead people to cope with (verb phrase error – use ‘can help people cope with’)  the mess calmly and confidently.

On the other hand, success is also of great importance. Success could (verb tense error) be deemed as a kind of efficient (change from adjective to noun) booster for people to make constant progress. Suppose a person has (made) little (adjective error) achievement (plural) in life; then, he inclines (verb error use “is inclined”) to no longer believe only hard work could provide him with a brighter picture of the future (wordy, simplify). Worse, he would (verb error) totally give up. Thus, for modern people, especially for young people, (unnecessary) success indeed brings more encouragement. My friend Kate, for instance, (unnecessary) was promoted by her manager last year. Since then, she had kept working diligently every day as the promotion was a source of motivation for her (combine two previous sentence) to moving forward (unnecessary). Apparently (unnecessary), without success, I can hardly imagine what has the power to push people to step forward (verb phrase error) all the time (unnecessary).

To conclude, I believe staying optimistic and being successful are both of top priority in people’s views of world and values (rephrase).  After all, a good attitude contributes to reducing bad influences resulting from our failure to the minimum (After all, a good attitude reduces the negative influences of our failures). Meanwhile, success is a motivator for progress.