Today, more and more people use robots to do tasks at home and at work. Do you think it is a positive or negative development?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing Today, more and more people use robots to do tasks at home and at work. Do you think it is a positive or negative development?

• eurekaever
    University: SWUPL
    Nationality: China
    May 3, 2022 at 1:52 pm

Today, more and more people use robots to do tasks at home and at work. Do you think it is a positive or negative development?

It is true that the use of robots both at home and in the workplace has become commonplace in recent years. While I understand that some people may regard this as a positive change thanks to technology advancement, I believe that there are more drawbacks than advantages.

There are a vast array of benefits that robotics can bring for us. Firstly, people can use domestic robots to help them with household tasks, such as washing the clothes, mopping the floor and doing the dishes. It is a great time saver for working people with a heavy workload. Secondly, the use of industrial robots enables factories to produce products faster and at a lower cost. Industrial robots can also be used to reduce the amount of manual work that human workers need to finish. This can considerably enhance productivity and reduce the running cost. Therefore, those businesses are more likely to generate huge profits.

However, the drawbacks of using robots in our daily life should not be overlooked. First of all, the widespread use of robots at work may have a significantly negative impact on the job market. Because the artificial intelligent robots may replace human labor in many fields, ranging from the information technology to the finance industry. As a result, many people may lose their jobs. This can lead to a constantly rising unemployment rate. In addition to this, the popularity of robots can make people lazy. Since they do not have to do any housework, they may possibly develop a sedentary lifestyle, which is harmful to their physical health.

In conclusion, I strongly believe that the increasing use of robots in our everyday life risks doing more harm than good.

May 5, 2022 at 9:16 pm

It is true that the[The  ] use of robots both at home and in the workplace has become commonplace in recent years. While I understand that some people may regard this [ trend ] as a positive [, technology-propelled  ] change thanks to technology advancement, I believe that [the ubiquitous use of robots  ] there are[avoid using There Be  ] [ could/would result in ] more drawbacks than advantages.

There are a vast array of benefits that robotics [First, robots  ] can bring for us [a wide array of benefits  ] . Firstly, [As an illustration,  ] people can use domestic robots to help them with household tasks, such as washing the clothes, mopping the floor[s  ] and [preparing meals  ] doing the dishes[ DO THE DISHES  has a different meaning] . It[unclear pronoun  ] is a great time saver [ , thereby saving time ] for [  the exhausted] working people with a heavy workload. Secondly[ don’t use second, third., etc ] , [ In addition, ] the use of industrial robots enables factories to  produce products faster and at a lower cost. Industrial robots can also be used to reduce the amount of manual work that human workers need to finish. This can considerably enhance productivity and reduce the running cost[operational costs  ] . Therefore, those businesses [that have deployed industrial robots  ] are more likely to generate huge profits.

However, the drawbacks of using robots in our daily life should not be overlooked. First of all, the widespread use of robots at work may have [ /impose ] a significantly negative impact on the job market. Because the artificial intelligent[ AI-supported ] robots may replace human labor in many fields, ranging from the information technology [ sector ] to the finance industry. As a result, many people may lose their jobs. This can lead to a constantly rising unemployment rate. In addition to this, [Additionally,  ] the popularity of robots can make people lazy.( Since they do not have to do any housework)[unclear/sweeping statement  ] , they may possibly develop a sedentary lifestyle [that poses health risks.  ] , which is harmful to their physical health.

In conclusion, I strongly believe that the increasing use of robots in our everyday life risks doing more harm than good.

Tagged: