University students should be required to take history courses without the limitation of major.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing University students should be required to take history courses without the limitation of major.

• Alice123
    University: Shenzhen University
    Nationality: China
    March 18, 2021 at 5:43 am

University students should be required to take history courses without the limitation of major.

First and foremost, the knowledge of history could largely strengthen one’s responsibility. In the history of a country, people would learn more about the difficulties and toughness in the national development. They could not only know the honor their motherland already had, but also the mortification their ancestors had encountered. Moreover, they would be impressed by heroes in history, and even want to become a person like them in the future. With the knowledge of history especially the national history, they would probably build up a sense of responsibility and be more like an adult rather than a teenager.

Furthermore, the fact that knowing the history would directly inspire the student to study harder indicates that no matter which major they are in, university students should be required to take history courses. Take the case of my friend Jennie, who used to be a typical college student-with no dream and ideal career, just hanging out with classmates every day. This is probably the existing circumstance among most college students. However, when I met her after a semester, I surprisingly found out that she became different-energetic and optimistic. And when I asked her about her final grade, she said she had won a scholarship proudly. And she even had already planned to do an internship in a company. She explained that last semester she had taken a compulsory history course in her college and was greatly inspired by the ancestors’ devotion. Since then, she was shameful of what she had ever done and decided to improve herself.

Nevertheless, a voice arises that taking the history course is not practical but just a waste of time. Ironically, the knowledge of history is common sense for the student, especially the college student. And we would not think of a student who lacks fundamental history knowledge as well-educated. History could help us to identify who we are and what we should do. Without this essential knowledge, one may lose the virtue of modesty unconsciously. Therefore, it is significant for all college students to take a history course.

March 20, 2021 at 6:03 pm

Invalid [Complete the revision of one essay prior to submitting another one.]