Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behaviour. Others disagree and think that the host country should welcome cultural differences. 

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behaviour. Others disagree and think that the host country should welcome cultural differences. 

• maisie
    University: Yangtze
    Nationality: China
    April 27, 2020 at 4:55 pm

Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behaviour. Others disagree and think that the host country should welcome cultural differences. 

People have different attitudes toward whether tourists should obey local culture or remain domestic customs during international travelling. While they both have reasons, I believe it is better for host country to accept cultural differences.

On the one hand, there are several reasons why individuals should try to fit in other countries’ social customs and habits.Firstly, it is a good way to show respect and courtesy when you are visiting foreign country. Secondly, citizens may enjoy a wonderful experience and have fantastic time in there as it is more convenient to communicate with local residents and make more friends. For instance, you could become more compatible with British people once you understood British humour. Finally, a great oppotunity for people to learn and obtain new things from other countries is following indigenous culture.

On the other hand, the host country should incorporate a variety of cultures. It manifests magnanimity and a welcome attitude to foreigners if they accept cultural diversity. For example, the tourists will have a sense of being ‘local people’ when they are visiting their dream places, rather then like an outsider who does not belong to this area. Moreover, the modern society is a cosmopolitan environment that all races and cultures are acceptable, with no discrimination. We are same mortals should be equally treated.

In conclusion, I can understand why  people adapt to other cultures while visiting, but is seems to me that the country should greet different customs.

Maisie

April 29, 2020 at 2:03 am

Score: 49.9

Issues:

1. About 30% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. Shit of person. I.E. People….You…. Don’t shift person unless necessary.
    3. Replace all unclear pronouns with concrete nouns. i.e. there are two singular nouns in the first sentence, and you use IT in the second sentence, which will confuse readers what IT refers to.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.