We can learn about a person from the books and movies that a person likes.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing We can learn about a person from the books and movies that a person likes.

• DimmockYun
    University: Zhengzhou University
    Nationality: China
    August 11, 2020 at 2:08 pm

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? We can learn about a person from the books and movies that a person likes.

As social animals, we could hardly live a day without communicating with others. To maintain a good relationship with other people around us, we need to know them. Somebody thinks we can learn about a person from the books and movies that person likes. However, I disagree with the statement. In my opinion, it’s not an effective way to learn about a person.

Admittedly, from the types of books and movies a person usually chooses, we know his or her preferences. Maybe the preferences can reflect a person’s personality, but it’s limited and superficial. We can’t judge somebody is humorous through to his favourite movies that are comedies. Therefore, I don’t think I can get some valuable references by this way.

For one, everyone has so many types of preferences that we couldn’t learn about them easily and accurately. As far I am concerned, I like many movies in different types. I like comedy that lets me recover from depression. I like action movie because I enjoy the excitement from my body’s adrenaline and heartbeat driving up. I like affectional film because I can sense the love in order to comfort me who has weak emotional life. I am complex, everyone is complex. One type of movies is one side of my character. Neither books nor movies can reflect me.

Secondly, somebody loves any types of books and movies has different reasons. When I got into high school, I met a girl with long hair, was in the corner, quietly reading a book. Then we introduced ourselves, she said she loved watching movies with depression. All that made me thought she’s kind of a lonely and dissocial person. To my surprise, she was outgoing and dynamic in the communication. We became good friends until now. One day I asked her why she loved the movies with depression. She said she may get energy to embrace life warmly from the depressed movies.

To sum up, people have plenty of types of prefer movies or book, different reasons to like them. That’s why I disagree the statement.

August 13, 2020 at 7:26 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. Repetitive words – vary word choice more
    2. Pronoun errors
    3. Article errors
    4. Subject-verb agreement errors
    5. Preposition errors

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

DimmockYun
    August 14, 2020 at 12:40 am

As social animals, we could hardly live a day without communicating with others. To maintain a good relationship with other people around us, we need to know them. Somebody thinks we can learn about a person from the books and movies that person likes. However, I disagree with the statement. In my opinion, it’s not an effective way to learn about a person.

Admittedly, from the types of books and movies a person usually chooses, we know his or her preferences. Maybe the preferences can reflect a person’s personality, but it’s limited and superficial. We can’t judge somebody is humorous through to his favorite movies that are comedies. Therefore, I don’t think I can get some valuable references from this way.

First of all, everyone has so many types of preferences that we couldn’t learn about them simply and accurately. As for me, I like many movies in different types. I like comedy that lets me recover from depression. I like action movies because I enjoy the excitement from my body’s adrenaline and heartbeat driving up. I like affectional film because I can sense the love then comfort me who has weak emotional life. One type of movie is one side of my character. Neither books nor movies can reflect all of me.

In addition, somebody liking any type of book and movie has different reasons. When I got into high school, I met a girl with long hair, was in the corner, quietly reading a book. Then it’s her turn to introduce herself, she said she loved watching movies with depression. All that made me think she’s kind of a lonely and dissocial person. To my surprise, she was outgoing and dynamic in the interaction and activities. We became good friends until now. One day I asked her why she loved the movies with depression. She said she was enthusiastic about embracing life from the movies.

To sum up, people have plenty of types of favorite movies and books, different reasons to like them. That’s why I disagree the statement that we can learn about a person from the books and movies that person likes.

August 14, 2020 at 2:17 am

As social animals, we could hardly live a day without communicating with others. To maintain a good relationship with other [the  ] people around us, we need to know them. Somebody thinks we can learn about a person from the books and movies that person likes. However, I disagree with the statement. In my opinion, it[ unclear pronoun ] ’s[ informal ] not an effective way to learn about[repetition  ] a person.

Admittedly, from the types of books and movies a person usually chooses, [ punctuation error ] we know his or her preferences. Maybe the preferences can reflect a person’s personality, but it[ unclear pronoun ] ’s limited and superficial. We can’t judge somebody is [ grammatical error ] humorous through to[  grammatical error] his favorite movies that are comedies. Therefore, I don’t think I can get some valuable references[ word form error ] from [  wrong preposition] this way.

First of all, everyone has so many types of preferences[absolute statement  ] that we couldn’t learn about them (simply and accurately)[ unclear ] . As for me, I like many movies in [ wrong preposition ] different types. I like comedy that lets me recover from depression. (I like action movies because I enjoy the excitement from my body’s adrenaline and heartbeat driving up)[unclear/rephrase  ] . I like [article error  ] affectional film because I can sense the love then comfort me (who has weak emotional life)[ rephrase to simplify ] . (One type of movie is one side of my character)[ unclear/logically disconnected from the last sentence ] . Neither books nor movies can reflect all of me.

In addition, (somebody liking any type of book and movie has different reasons)[ confusing/grammatical error ] . When I (got into)[use formal writing  ] high school, I met a girl with long hair, was in the corner[ grammatical error ] , quietly reading a book. Then[word choice  ] it’s her turn to introduce herself, she said she loved (watching movies with depression)[unclear  ] . All that made me think she’s kind of [ use formal writing ] a lonely and dissocial person. To my surprise, she was outgoing and dynamic[ word choice ] in the[article error  ] interaction and activities. We became good friends until now. One day I asked her why she l(oved the movies with depression)[ unclear ] . She said she was enthusiastic about embracing life from the movies[ unclear/rephrase ] .

To sum up, people have plenty of types of favorite movies and books[ absolute statement ] , [ grammatical error ] different reasons to like them[ unclear pronoun ] . That’s why I disagree [grammatical error  ] the statement that we can learn about a person from the books and movies that person likes.

DimmockYun
    August 20, 2020 at 2:17 am

As social animals, we could hardly live a day without communicating with others. To maintain a good relationship with the other people around us, we need to know them. Somebody thinks we can learn about a person from the books and movies that person likes. However, I disagree with the statement.

Admittedly, we know his or her preferences from the types of books and movies a person usually chooses. Maybe the preferences can reflect a person’s personality, but the way limited and superficial. We can’t judge somebody is humorous through to his favorite movies that are comedies. Therefore, I don’t think I can get some valuable reference by this way.

First, most of people have so many types of preferences that we couldn’t learn about them simply and accurately. For example, I like different types of movies. I like comedy that lets me recover from depression. I like action movies that I can get the excitement from heartbeat driving up. I like affectional film because the love it conveys can comfort sensitive me. One type of movie is one side of my character. Action movies reflect my passion, comedy reflects my joy. Neither books nor movies can reflect all of me.

In addition, like a certain type of movies or books do not mean that he or she has the same type of personality. When I was in high school, I met a girl with long hair, sat in the corner, quietly reading a book. After it’s her turn to introduce herself, she said she loved watching movies with depression. All that made me think she’s a little lonely and dissocial person. To my surprise, she was outgoing in interaction and activities. We became good friends until now. One day I asked her why she loved the depressed movies. She said she was enthusiastic about embracing life from the movies. Then I knew it’s superficial to judge a person through to his or her favorite movies or books.

To sum up, most of people have plenty of types of favorite movies and books and the type of movies or books do not mean that they have the same type of personality. That’s why I disagree the statement that we can learn about a person from the books and movies that person likes.

August 20, 2020 at 3:30 am

As social animals, we could hardly live a day without communicating with others. To maintain a good relationship with the other people around us, we need to know them. Somebody thinks we can learn about a person from the books and movies that person likes. However, I disagree with the statement.

Admittedly, we know [absolute statement – use conditional writing  ] his or her[unclear pronoun  ] preferences from the types of books and movies a person usually chooses. Maybe the[article error  ] preferences can reflect a person’s personality, but the way limited and superficial[ grammatical error ] . We can’t judge somebody is humorous through to[ grammatical error ] his favorite movies that are comedies. Therefore, I don’t think I can get some valuable reference (by this way)[ unclear ] .

First, most of [preposition or article error  ] people have so many types of preferences that we couldn’t learn about them (simply and accurately)[ unclear ] . For example, I like different types of movies. I like comedy that lets me recover from depression. I like action movies that I can get the [article error  ] excitement from heartbeat driving up. I like [article error  ] affectional film because the love it conveys can comfort sensitive me. One type of movie is one side of my character. Action movies reflect my passion, [ punctuation error ] comedy reflects my joy. Neither books nor movies can reflect all of me.

In addition, (like a certain type of movies or books do not)[grammatical error  ] mean that he or she has the[article error  ] same type of personality. When I was in high school, I met a girl with long hair, (sat in the corner)[ unclear ] , quietly reading a book. After it’s her turn to introduce herself, she said she loved (watching movies with depression)[confusing  ] . All that made me think she’s a little lonely and dissocial person. To my surprise, she was outgoing in interaction and activities. We became good friends until now. One day I asked her why she loved (the depressed)[word form error  ] movies. She said she was enthusiastic about embracing life from the movies. Then I knew it’s superficial [ wrong word ]  to judge a person (through to)[ grammatical error ] his or her favorite movies or books.

To sum up, most of [ preposition error ] people have plenty of types of favorite movies [ punctuation error ] and books and the type of movies or books do not mean that they have the same type of personality. That’s why I disagree [preposition error  ] the statement that we can learn about a person from the books and movies that person likes[ duplicating the topic ] .