Some people believe that when busy parents don’t have a lot of time to spend with kids, the best use of that time is to have fun and play games. Others believe that it is best to use that time doing things together that are related to schoolwork. Which one do you prefer?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Some people believe that when busy parents don’t have a lot of time to spend with kids, the best use of that time is to have fun and play games. Others believe that it is best to use that time doing things together that are related to schoolwork. Which one do you prefer?

• YUKKKK
    University: Chinese University of Hongkong, Shenzhen
    Nationality: China
    August 5, 2020 at 7:23 am

Some people believe that when busy parents don’t have a lot of time to spend with kids, the best use of that time is to have fun and play games. Others believe that it is best to use that time doing things together that are related to schoolwork. Which one do you prefer?

Nowadays in the complex modern society, especially for most of metropolitan cities, surviving could be a huge task for people, not to mention the workers who have families and little kids at home. I am of the opinion that parents should spend the time with kids having fun or playing sports.

First of all, parents can develop a deep relationship with their children by spending more time playing with them rather than doing schoolwork, which gives children a lot of pressure. As we know, parents who spend less time with children are not able to build a stable relation with them. Admittedly, what children really need is happiness from time they spend with parents, so it is crucial to create a relax opportunity for both parents and kids. If parents keep on mentioning schoolwork, it will push children into pressure which causes intensive relation. For example, on of my friend Amy,  complain to me about the conflicts happened because of her parents asked her final grade of last semester during family trip. Comparing to assisting children with their schoolwork, it better to build a relationship by playing games or communicating more with kids through which makes child feels love from parents.

In addition to relation maintenance, playing sports or games have an effective impact on children’s health as well as emotion improvement. According to a research on relation between playing and kids’ ability, sports games or other physics activities have a positive impact on children’s brain development. What’s more, researchers also find that playing can enhance children’s mental health. Parents are always worry about kids’ ability development in their growing up time. However, instead of learning knowledge from classroom or by doing extra homework, kids are able to gain skills more easily through playing.

By the way of conclusion, I think that those precious time should be spent on growing up with their beloved kids.  It is a better choice to playing games or sports with them which create wonderful memories for both of them.

YUKKKK
    University: Chinese University of Hongkong, Shenzhen
    Nationality: China
    August 5, 2020 at 9:32 am

Revised version:

Nowadays in the complex modern society, especially for most of metropolitan cities, surviving could be a huge task for people, not to mention the workers who have families and little kids at home. I am of the opinion that parents should spend the time with kids having fun or playing sports.

First of all, parents can develop a deep relationship with their children by spending more time playing with them rather than doing schoolwork, which gives children a lot of pressure. As we know, parents who spend less time with children are not able to build a stable relation with them. Admittedly, what children really need is happiness from time they spend with parents, so it is crucial to create an opportunity to relax for both parents and kids. If parents keep on mentioning schoolwork, it will push children into pressure which causes intensive relation. For example, my friend Amy, complained to me about the conflicts happened because her parents asked her final grade of last semester during family trip. Comparing to assisting children with their schoolwork, it better to build a relationship by playing games or communicating more with kids through which makes child feel the love from parents.

In addition to relation maintenance, playing sports or games have an effective impact on children’s health as well as emotion improvement. According to a research on relation between playing and kids’ ability, sports games or other physics activities have a positive impact on children’s brain development. Studies indicate that children who are active in playing games have a stable emotion. Parents are always worry about kids’ ability in their grow up time. However, instead of learning knowledge from classroom or by doing extra homework, kids are able to gain skills more easily through playing.

By the way of conclusion, I think that those precious time should be spent on growing up with their beloved kids.  It is a better choice to play games or sports with them which create wonderful memories for both of them.

August 5, 2020 at 2:46 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 60% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. Lots of sentences are syntactically unclear.
    3. Lengthy paragraphs. Restrict each paragraph to 90 words.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.