Which one helps most to better express yourself during discussions?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Which one helps most to better express yourself during discussions?

• Karo
    University: China Jiliang University
    Nationality: China
    August 11, 2020 at 4:15 am

Which one helps most to better express yourself during discussions?

1. Spending more time preparing

2. Practicing techniques

3. Asking an experienced person

believe that finding a more experienced person would best help to increase confidence.

Firstly, the individuals asking a seasoned person can get the suggestions that best suitable to their situation. It is true that we can search for many superficially helpful instruments online. However, most of them could not be applied to one’s specific situation. For instance, during my internship, there was a time the manager asked me to prepare for a market research and represent in a meeting. In order to meet the manager need, I searched for plentiful guidance online and found few useful for me. By contrast, my colleague who was experienced in such meeting helped me a lot to satisfy the specific need of the manager.

Secondly, experienced experts can point out the problems not found. Personally, I believe the own problems are the essential factors affecting expression. For example, if a student in biology class needs to give a representation on the effect of green gas, she may search for a lot of relevant information and techniques. However, even she considers she has made adequate preparation, there must be some logic flaws she did not find. So with a guidance of a student who is proficient about such theme can help to make sure her logic solid.

Thirdly, because of the guidance of an experienced person, people can solve some particular problems efficiently. How can you prepare for a discussion in a shorter period of time? You have to get the idea of which search channel is the most suitable for you. You have to know which display method is the most practical for you, like slide presentation or other ways. You have to grasp the ability to integrate information before contribute to a discussion. All the  strategies and methods worthy of employing can be learned of an experienced person. What the most important thing is it takes a shorter period of time and less energy.

To sum up, I believe that asking a more experienced person about how to handle these situations would best help to increase confidence.

August 13, 2020 at 7:15 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 15% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.
    2. Write an introduction paragraph that states your argument.
    3. Write in complete sentences
    4. Article errors
    5. Word choice errors

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.