Young people today have no influence on the important decisions that determine the future of society as a whole. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Young people today have no influence on the important decisions that determine the future of society as a whole. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

• Jasminewang
    University: National Taiwan University of Science and Technology
    Nationality: Taiwan
    November 24, 2019 at 1:03 pm

Young people today have no influence on the important decisions that determine the future of society as a whole. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Lots of issues and decisions are discussed nowadays in society. Personally, I believe that young generations have the ability to affect the future of society to some degree. I feel this way for three reasons, which I will explore in the following essay.

First of all, more and more movements or marches are emerging. Young people consider some decisions that might not be justice for the next generation in the future and go on to the street to tell the public their ideas. There is a famous compelling example of this. People, especially the young in Hong Kong, think that democracy is disappearing day by day due to political reasons. They march and protest in order to remind that freedom is a human’s fundamental right. This movement makes the government and society take serious practice on the issue.

Secondly, technology makes thoughts changing faster than before. Some old people do not follow up or even reject to accept the changes which result in a big gap between the young generation and the old generation. For example, parents always believe that education should only focus on engineering and other minor subjects such as media or traveling are less important for children. However, there are more new types of jobs such as Youtuber or Instagrammer are popular nowadays. It evidences that the traditional thoughts of old people might hinder the progress of society.

Finally, the young generations are the major contributions to society compared to the old people who might get sick or die in the future. For instance, some decisions were made a long time ago such as mining regulations in Taiwan. Young people ask for modifying the contents due to lots of facts being different nowadays. However, there are still some old people who insist on their positions which causes it is difficult to have any changes. People need to think if these decisions are not believed in the young generation and there is no one could bring a brighter future to everyone in society.

In conclusion, I am of the opinion that the young generation could bring some impact on society. This is because the movements raise the consciousness, young generations are more willing to accept changes made by the technology than the olds, and the young is exactly the major cornerstone in society.

December 20, 2019 at 10:42 pm

Score: 61.8

Issues:

1. More than 30% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Cut the percentage to 15% or less.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.