Your friends have the opportunity to choose either one of two types of majors (fields of study), which one of the following two majors do you think is a better choice, and why? A major that would allow him to finish years of study and get a degree sooner or a major that requires many years of study that would provide him with more job opportunities in the future.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Your friends have the opportunity to choose either one of two types of majors (fields of study), which one of the following two majors do you think is a better choice, and why? A major that would allow him to finish years of study and get a degree sooner or a major that requires many years of study that would provide him with more job opportunities in the future.

• Moonface
    University: Chongqing University
    Nationality: China
    December 22, 2020 at 8:14 am

Your friends have the opportunity to choose either one of two types of majors (fields of study), which one of the following two majors do you think is a better choice, and why? A major that would allow him to finish years of study and get a degree sooner or a major that requires many years of study that would provide him with more job opportunities in the future.

Your friends have the opportunity to choose either one of two types of majors (fields of study), which one of the following two majors do you think is a better choice, and why? A major that would allow him to finish years of study and get a degree sooner (so that he would begin to work full-time qui

No one takes decisions about careers lightly, and one common aspect to consider when evaluating a major is the time required to graduate. From my perspective, it is more sensible for my friend to select a major that entails more time to study but provides more job offers rather than one that allows for faster graduation.

For starters, more years devoted to learning allow my friend to find a more satisfying job. More years in the lecture halls, libraries, and laboratories will translate into more insights and expertise in a field, which will surely impress my friend’s interviewers, who will, in turn, give him job offers. With more offers at hand, my friend could weigh his options and select one that truly meets his expectations. Those who finish university sooner, however, are likely to be challenged by interviewers, who will have less trust in their professional knowledge. When seeking a job as a programmer, a student majoring in Computer Science and graduating from an esteemed university requiring four years’ of rigorous learning will convince interviewers of his exceptional programming skills; a learner having learned similar courses in a vocational school entailing only two years’ of learning, nevertheless, is likely to be considered less competent. This is understandable since delving into the field of programming is demanding and takes huge amounts of time.

It is tempting to think that graduating sooner will make a person more competitive in the future since he could use his time to gain first-hand experience in the workplace. A student wanting to be a high school English teacher, for instance, can learn how to demonstrate grammar rules, how to analyze characters in novels, and how to assess students’ performance while working. Upon closer inspection, however, we will realize while our professional knowledge and skills grow through practice, our reputation could be damaged or even ruined due to our inadequacy during the first few years, which risks our professional careers. Therefore, these aspiring English teachers will benefit more from spending more time discussing with their professors about teaching methodologies and English literature.

January 4, 2021 at 10:54 pm

Invalid. Please complete the revision of your other essay prior to working on this one.

Tagged: